JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE POWDER
PURE JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE POWDER
Jerusalem Artichoke Powder is a fine, versatile powder made from the Jerusalem artichoke, also called "sunchoke," a root vegetable related to the sunflower. The powder is a gluten-free alternative to flour.
• Fine-textured light tan powder with a pale green tinge
• Nut-like taste, reminiscent of a cross between radish or jicama and artichoke
• Useful as a sweetener and a thickener
• Gluten free
• To add a unique sweet-savory flavor to bread or pasta, substitute 2 teaspoons for an equal amount of flour and incorporate before adding wet ingredients
• Can be used in yeast breads, quick breads or muffins
• A thickening agent for soups, sauces or gravies
Ready to use. No preparation necessary.
Jerusalem artichoke tubers.